Apply for Professional Meeting Support
Students who would like to apply to receive up to $400 in Graduate School funding to present at professional meetings should follow the process outlined below at least four weeks prior to travel.
Download our Travel Award Procedure Infographic
In order to be eligible for support from the Graduate School, students must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be formally registered for at least one credit hour at Baylor University during the term in which the presentation is made.
- The student must be presenting his or her own research and be identified with Baylor University at the conference.
- The student must have support from an advisor or faculty member.
Instructions for Students
- Complete the Travel Award Application at least four weeks prior to travel.
- The application will ask you to provide proof of presentation. This may be in the form of an acceptance letter or e-mail confirming the student's presentation information, or a copy of the page of the conference program which lists the student's presentation.
- The application will ask you to provide the email for your major professor. They will be sent a message to return a brief statement of support and return it as directed.
- When the application is approved, the Graduate School will initiate a request for payment for the approved amount, paid by direct deposit to the student's bank account. Payment will not be issued to the student any earlier than two weeks from the departure date.
Within 15 days following the conference date, submit a brief report about your travel to GradTravel@baylor.edu detailing how the award helped further your work. This can be a few lines about your conference experience, what the award allowed you to do, or how the presentation was beneficial to you or your field.
Additional reporting or receipts may be required by your department; therefore, be sure to follow through with them.
Instructions for Postdoctoral Fellows
Email GradTravel@baylor.edu prior to filling out the application for special instructions.