- Dr. Michael Muehlenbein studies hormones and infectious disease ecology in humans, monkeys, and apes.
- Dr. Sam Urlacher is an anthropologist and evolutionary biologist who researches human metabolism development and the measurement of human energy expenditure toward reducing health disparities.
- Dr. Austin Reynolds’s research interests lie in reconstructing human population history with genomic data as well as disease risk in globally diverse populations.
- Dr. LesLee Funderburk’s research seeks to improve quality nutrition intake, promote of healthy body weight and composition, improve diet quality, and enhance effects of physical training programs through the use of nutritional supplements.
- Dr. Leigh Greathouse investigates digestive health, including gut microbiome and chronic inflammation, diet and obesity, colon cancer, and host-microbiome communication.
- Dr. Paul Gordon focuses upon physical activity and lifestyle-based research related to obesity and its co-morbidities across the lifespan.
- Dr. Joon Y. Park’s research is centered around mitochondrial adaptation to exercise in endothelial cells as well as muscle-vessel crosstalk in the context of muscle angiogenesis targeting hypertension and peripheral artery disease.
- Dr. Michael Scullin’s research is framed around three primary areas: (1) How sleep physiology impacts memory, education, health, and aging; (2) How we use memory to fulfill our daily intentions (a special kind of memory called “prospective" memory); and (3) How lifestyle choices including exercise, diet, and medication adherence affect cognitive and neural functioning.