Guidelines for Programs
Accelerated programs should be run in line with the following guidelines.
- Departments must create alternate undergraduate degree plans that identify the graduate courses that will count towards the bachelor’s degree and seek approval for the changes from Baylor’s undergraduate curriculum committee. Proposed changes should be submitted through the university’s CIM platform.
- Departments will identify students who are eligible for the alternative degree plan and allow them to register for graduate courses before applying to Graduate School.
- Students will take approved graduate courses, most often during their senior year, and a graduate transcript will be created.
- Students apply to the Graduate School no sooner than the final year of their bachelors’ degree.
- Students will remain at undergraduate status until completion of the bachelor’s degree. Undergraduate financial aid will be applied to graduate courses.
- Graduate School tuition support may be awarded for the remaining coursework after the fourth year (eighth semester).